Friday, June 3, 2011

More Adventures in the Kingdom

I mentioned in my last post that I'm planning a workshop on stress management, "Peace! Be Still." And I'm looking forward to sharing what I learned as I earned certification in that subject through the American Association of Christian Counselors. The date and place are still to be determined. I believe this subject affects every person because the biggest cause of stress is....
money or the lack thereof? No. Family relationships? No. Career problems? No? The biggest cause of stress is.....................Life!!! And we all have to deal with that.

I've also got some personal adventures coming up in the next few months - next week I'm going to the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. And I was thrilled to find that the most reasonably priced hotel listed was the Drawbridge Inn - which looks like a castle. When I traveled for the Commonwealth of KY I stayed there when duties took me to that area. It made me feel like a princess - to stay in a "castle." My oldest daughter Ginny and I went to England for three weeks in 1999 and toured lots of castles. When my wonderful husband picked me up at the airport on my return, he told me that he had reserved a room at the Drawbridge Inn for the night "to make the homecoming from England not such a drastic change."

Then in July I am going to another UM event, the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Conference in Dayton, Ohio. I'm riding up there with a good friend who is a pastor in Florida who had me come and do a workshop at her church several years ago - in the Florida Keys. I commented at the time "It's tough work but somebody has to do it!" :-)

Shortly after I made those arrangements Ginny called about her first grandson's birthday - my first great-grandchild. So I will be flying out from Dayton to Utah to celebrate with the newest generation in our family!!!

Then the next big adventure, that I know about, will happen on Saturday October 1, 2011 at Faith Fellowship Church here in Danville. It is Voice of Joy's annual women's retreat and this year's theme will be "A Day in Narnia." YAY! Talk about adventures!!! I was in my 20's when I discovered C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. And by now I have read all seven books at least 12 times each - I lost count somewhere along the way but know several of my favorites have been read 14 or 15 times. Two of my daughters have already agreed to share their insights into at least one of the books that influenced their early years. I can't wait!!! I've already started collecting decorations - things like...but then if I told you and you decide to come, they wouldn't be a surprise!!! In Narnia you don't just feel like a princess, you discover that you are a queen, under the King of Kings of course!!!

I truly hope that all my brothers and sisters in the Kingdom have wonderful adventures like I do, even in the midst of "Life!"

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

1 comment:

Carlton said...

Amy, loving your blog posts! Keep up the good work. Pray for me as I continue my writing journey.
Blessings, Carlton