Tuesday, September 27, 2011

As Little Children

Today I was asked by my District Superintendent about the state of my soul. The only thing I could think of is that my soul right now feels like a little child at several Christmases all rolled into one. Every area of my life is bearing fruit of dreams given over to the Lord and thought gone forever. But Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

My “Everyday Spiritual Warfare” book is endorsed by some of my favorite internationally known ministers and writers, published and available on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com and I’m having a book signing for that in November. It will also be for sale at an event I’m directing for the Lincoln County Arts Center in December “Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas.” I’ve written a skit for that too - another praise report.

I have two more books out in the next 3 weeks. Well, 1 and 1/3. My novella “Victim” is a third of the Christian Murder Mystery trilogy “Board to Death” with Tracy Ruckman and Debbie Roome, and is already available by Kindle and will soon be available in hard copy through the online markets too.

Then by October 15, “Which Witch?” a mid-grade Christian fiction about Christian kids fighting witchcraft in the classroom, will be out. And the Fun To Be One Club - which has had many deaths and resurrections since 1979, with all ages and all races, comes back to life in “Which Witch?” and there will be an online FTBO Club site for both kids and adults to join in an affirmation of our oneness in the Spirit, along some fun and interaction. The survey readers are boys and girls from fourth through eighth grade and their responses have brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Three new members joined Mortonsville United Methodist Church last Sunday - and that makes six within less than 5 months. Amazing - in our little church which doesn’t even have a parking lot! Just a whole lot of loving people. And since last January I’ve had the privilege of needing to have a children’s message each Sunday when for years we didn’t have any children. (By the way, I found out that the adults like that message as much if not more than the grown up ones :-).

Saturday October 1, is Voice of Joy’s annual women’s retreat “A Day in Narnia.” Speakers will be two of my daughters, Ginny Smith and Beth Marlowe, one of my granddaughters, Maggie Tirey, and me. Narnia and family and loved ones attending! How good can it get?

Jesus said “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
Hmm. Could it be that I feel like a child at Christmas now because somewhere along the way, I changed and became like an obedient child, gave up my dreams, and wanted only His will?

I did. And He is giving me back all the desires of my heart, purged of wrong motives and filled with humility and pure joy.

No comments: